The Register of Deeds office provides a standardized, permanent record of real estate ownership and transfers in Granville County. Our office records deeds, deeds of trust, cancellations, plats, assumed names, powers of attorney and other miscellaneous documents related to real estate. Our office also records and issues birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, marriage licenses, military discharges, and maintains the records of notary public commissions.
If you are requesting a certified copy of your marriage license and have recently been married, please do not request a copy until 10 days after your marriage date.
Charges will apply when ordering vital records or filing assumed names. Please note the information below:
- Requests will be managed on a first-come, first-served basis
- There are no refunds
- Records are available back to 1913
- Requests for information can be completed online and will be processed on normal business days during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM).
- For requests submitted after 4 pm, the earliest that a request can be processed and sent is the next business day.
- Please note that all requests will require a copy of your valid state or federal picture identification. You will be able to upload a picture/scan of your ID using this online application process.
Please note: If you choose to pick up your records in person, rather than have them sent via mail, you will be required to present a valid state issued identification. In addition, you may elect to have your record(s) order picked up by the following persons:
- Funeral Director/Funeral Service License (Death Certificate Only - Proof of the director's license will be required)
- Authorized agent, attorney or Legal Representative (Proof may be required with request)
Click the appropriate link button to request information.
All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any inaccurate information may result in your record not being processed. All communication with regard to your order, payment, our progress, and the records delivery will be sent via email.
The Register of Deeds office acts as a recording office only. North Carolina General Statutes specifically prohibit the Register of Deeds or the staff from practicing law. We are unable to supply legal forms, provide instructions on drafting or completing forms, or answer questions regarding the legal consequences of instruments filed. We advise you to consult an attorney if you have any legal questions.
|Certified Birth Certificate||$10.00 ea|
|Uncertified Birth Certificate||$1.00 ea|
|Certified Marriage Certificate||$10.00 ea|
|Uncertified Marriage Certificate||$1.00 ea|
|Certified Death Certificate||$10.00 ea|
|Uncertified Death Certificate||$1.00 ea|
Granville County Register of Deeds
101 Main Street
P.O. Box 427
Oxford, NC 27565
For Technical Support, Contact:
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM